Children’s and youth pastors are a dedicated bunch. We’re nothing if not B-U-S-Y. Ministry can take a lot out of us. If we want to stay with it over the long haul, we better pay attention to what our bodies are telling us. If the ‘old bod is hollering sleep-deprived, need more rest, weary-fatigued-exhausted, go thru the day sleepwalking, it’s time to listen. It may also be wise to slow down and get some rest before you break down, whap!
Gretchen Rubin offers 14 tips for getting a better night’s sleep. A few include:
- Set a specific bedtime for yourself.
- Make your room very dark.
- Keep your bedroom a little chilly.
- Tidy up your bedroom. It’s not restful to be surrounded by clutter.
- An hour before bedtime, avoid work that requires alert thinking.
- If your mind is racing with worry, make a list of everything you need to do the next day. If you’re fretting about forgetting something important the next day, write it down so you can relax and turn off the “internal chatter.”
More tips at the full article here: 14 Tips for Getting More Sleep – and Why It Matters